As an athlete, a mom and an avid beach volleyball player, my feet can take a beating. Callouses, fatigue and even heat blisters are some of the challenges my feet face, not to mention the need to keep my toenails trimmed! Sometimes that quick minute of time is hard to find!
I want to share my number 1 favorite skindulgence for feet because as a busy mom, there is not a lot of time to get to the spa for a pedicure. I notice that a lot of the busy moms I see have neglected feet with heels as crusty as a french loaf and I have found an affordable, quick and easy method for saving my feet in 10 seconds or less.
- keep a container of virgin, cold pressed coconut oil on your bedside table
- at night, bring a fresh pair of clean socks to bed with you
- scoop a 1/2 teaspoon or so of the coconut oil out
- massage it into your feet and if you are like me, smile and enjoy!
- spread any excess onto your calves
- massage the remainder into your hands
- put on your socks
In the morning your feet will be soft, moisturized and ready to take on the day! Use this tip whenever you feel like a 10 second trip to the spa!
Special note – please do not apply coconut oil to your feet without putting socks on immediately or else you will be doing an impression of Bambi on ice and you might fall over!